Well, all I can say is that while this pic makes me look very organized, it is only because you can’t see the rest of my room. Or even just the rest of the table. I think my sewing studio might have to be a topic for another day. I always see posts of the cleanest, most beautifully decorated sewing rooms imaginable. I think we need to start posting pics of real sewing rooms. Just saying. Anyway, I digress.
So, after getting all of the squares cut, I had to carefully organize them in the proper color rows. Remember the “crazy” part? You know, the part where I just can’t seem to follow the instructions and make the quilt as it is shown on the cover. Oh yes, it’s all coming back now. This pattern is supposed to be made with only two colors, which of course is a lot easier than 5. If you remember from the first post, I started with 6 colors, but that is because one quilt is for the baby boy twin and the other is for the baby girl. The boy’s quilt uses mint, and the girl’s uses peach. At any rate, after everything was cut and put in careful order on my cutting board, it was time to put it on the design board. I actually had a couple of options for layout, so I tried this one too-
I liked this layout best, but I sent a pic of both layouts to the Mom-to-be to see what she thought. She agreed, so I was thrilled!
Yes, that’s right, masking tape on the switch for the ceiling fan. It really bites when someone turns on the ceiling fan and suddenly things start falling off of the design wall! Especially when those things are 3 1/4″ squares!